ART CREATED BY AUTISTIC CHILDREN
Exhibit: April 20TH -MAY 1ST
UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA
Kamerick Art Building
This exhibit will coincide with the AUTISM AND THE ARTS SYMPOSIUM APRIL 24-25TH
More information and how to register can be found here: http://www.autismandarts.org/
- Only 2D work will be accepted- (3 pieces per student maximum)
- Deadline for artwork – April 1st
- No larger than 24×36”
- Must be matted or mounted
- Completed information form taped to the back of artwork
- (form on next page)
CONTACT: Dr. Wendy Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Autism and Arts Form
Emerging Excellence is an all-media, standards-based opportunity designed to foster Artistic Literacy and promote Originality and Expression. In this event, young artists receive purposeful juror feedback regarding areas of strength and needed growth and individual works reflective of exemplary performance are honored.
To learn more about this event, simply visit the Emerging Excellence website.
Currently, the event is conducting a logo contest. Students and Teachers are encouraged to enter design submissions by March 1st. Logo contest information can also be found at the Emerging Excellence website.
The OHSAI is a free summer art institute open to high school students’ grades 10-12, with a demonstrated talent in the visual arts and strong interest in Indian culture. Participants are selected based upon their applications. Special attention is given to applications from Native American students.
How to apply
Visit us online at http://www.usd.edu/fine-arts/art/summer-art-institute.cfm
All application materials are due by March 1, 2015. Applications must include:
1. Letter of Application, containing the students name and contact information and a statement of why you would like to attend the OHSAI.
2. Letter of Reference from an instructor, artist or other interested party, addressing why the nominee should be accepted into the Institute.
3. Portfolio of Artwork, consisting of 15 images of the student’s artwork. Preferred method is to send a CD of the students work in jpg format at the highest resolution possible.
For more information or to apply to this year’s Institute please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by phone 605-677-5636.