- 15-30 minute hands-on strategies and research
- Designing a STEAM Initiative
- Learning through Leading
- How to implement STEAM and Arts Integration
- Assessing an integration initiative
Advocacy Day on January 28, 2015
The Iowa Alliance for Arts Education is sponsoring the second annual Fine Arts Advocacy Day on Wednesday, January 28,2015, at the State Capitol in Des Moines. The purpose of the day is to advocate for Fine Arts instruction in Iowa schools and to ask for legislative support for the addition of Fine Arts to the Iowa Core. As part of the advocacy material for the event, IAAE is once again compiling a testimonial booklet that will be given to all 150 Iowa legislators. The booklet will be a compilation of the responses to the question, “How has Fine Arts instruction impacted your life?”. IAAE is hoping to collect responses from citizens in all 99 Iowa counties. If you would like to submit a testimonial, please click on the following link:
Connecting Visual Arts to the Iowa/Common Core
– Using the Universal Constructs of the 21st Century Skills of the Iowa Core.
Lesson Template and lesson examples.
– Visual Arts and the Iowa Core