It is time for the 2016 YAM reception and awards ceremony. The event will be held at the State Historical Building in Des Moines this Saturday, March 5. Registration will begin at 12:30 and the awards ceremony will begin at 1:30. We look forward to seeing you there and to celebrating Youth Art Month with over 200 pieces of outstanding Iowa student art.
Click here to view the participant’s information letter for more details about this exciting event.
Below are links to YAM information. Please click on the blue titles to get the information necessary for properly entering your students’ artwork in YAM.
YAM Entry Guidelines
- All work must be 2-D
- Up to 10 works may be entered per teacher per district
- Maximum matted size: 24″ x 36″ (protective backing recommended)
- **do not laminate! Acetate covering must be removable**
- Artwork labels are downloadable from Google Drive
- Art works submitted will be juried during the Winter AEI board meeting at the Historical Society Building, beginning at 10 a.m. on January 23, 2016.
- Take them to the meeting or
- Send with your AEI Representative
- Do NOT mail them to the State Historical Building
- Each student whose work is selected for the exhibition will receive an invitation to the YAM reception as well as a certificate of achievement
- Prize Structure is offered by
- Student and teacher prizes in the form of art supplies for one winner in each of the following categories: Elementary, Middle School, and High School
- One overall Best of Show winner will be awarded an expense paid trip to New York for the student, one parent, and the art teacher.
- Find out more at www.sargentart.com
- All exhibited work will be returned at the Spring or Summer Board Meeting.
The Iowa Youth Art Month show and celebration is sponsored by Art Educators of Iowa in partnership with the Iowa Arts Council.