Below are links to YAM information. Please click on the blue titles to get the information necessary for properly entering your students’ artwork in YAM.
YAM Entry Guidelines
Only AEI members are eligible to enter. Membership dues must be paid at or before the January board meeting for work to be accepted.
- Entry is a two step process:
- Electronic entry for each work must be completed at least 24 hours prior to judging. Art works submitted will be juried during the Winter AEI board meeting, January 28th at Monroe Elementary School (400 N Jasper St, Monroe, IA) judging begins promptly at 10 a.m. You must bring them to the meeting or send with your AEI Rep
- All work must be 2-D
- Each teacher may enter up to 10 works of art per district they serve.
- Maximum matted size: 24″ x 30″ (protective backing recommended)
- Artwork must be labeled front and back. Labels are downloadable from Google Drive
- Each student whose work is selected for the exhibition will receive an invitation to the YAM reception as well as a certificate of achievement
- Prize Structure is offered by One Overall Prize:
- The winning student receives a cash prize of $1,500 in the form of a check. The winning teacher receives classroom art supplies worth $ 2,000
- Category Prizes: Elementary, Middle, and High School
- Category level winning students receive an assortment of art supplies worth $100. Winning teachers receive classroom art supplies worth $ 300
- Sargent Art will send a Participation Gift to each school after receiving from the Principal the following information: number of Art Teachers, school enrollment number, number of entries submitted to Youth Art Month (a for will be provided for submitting this information.
- Find out more at www.sargentart.com
Exhibited work will be returned after the March Celebration. See the FAQ for more information!
The Iowa Youth Art Month show and celebration is sponsored by Art Educators of Iowa in partnership with the Iowa Arts Council.