We are currently looking for mentors in the following school districts: West Monona Community School District, Wilton Community School District, Prairie City/Monroe School District, Clarion-Goldfield-Dows Schools, Bellevue, Fort Dodge, Columbus Junction ELM School. If you know a 1st year art teacher in the state of Iowa, please contact Erin Almelien, AEI Mentoring Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
The AEI Mentor Program is designed to enhance, not supplant, any established district/state mentoring programs. The program is discipline specific. Mentoring is tailored to the specific teacher and teaching situation. There is an opportunity for first year art teachers to attend the fall AEI conference, to begin to establish a professional network, and to have a veteran teacher visit the classroom and share insights with the first year teacher.
A $250 scholarship for conference attendance or membership dues. Fall Symposium, meal and mileage paid. See brochure . Observation Mentor Program, four visits
Second-year Teacher / Observation Mentor Program (two visits)
• New teachers IN THE MENTOR PROGRAM can register for the conference and join AEI for free. The conference committee will then apply to IAAE to be reimbursed for their registration and dues.
• New teachers can apply to be reimbursed for mileage and motel fees. The total amount cannot exceed $250.
• Free Fall Symposium with sessions about issues that are you are facing now.
• Mentors will receive stipends for observation visits to first year teachers.
• No cost to the local district.
Please feel free to contact me. Also if you know a 1st year art teacher in the state of Iowa I have not contacted yet, please send them to me, Erin Almelien, AEI Mentoring Chair email@example.com.