Fall Conference, 2016
Sept 30 – Oct 2
Call for Presenters pdf
Art Education, the Journal of the National Arts Education Association, is always looking for articles. The following links are opportunities for art teachers to share their knowledge and research regarding diverse topics. Click on the links below to find details regarding guidelines for content and submissions.
Swarm Intelligence and Collaboration, September 2016
(Due January 31, 2016)
Online Courses for Art Teachers
Jessica Balsley, an AEI Member, is teaching Graduate Courses Online through her website The Art of Education. This is the first of it’s kind in Iowa and perfect for some of those teachers who may not live close to an AEA where they can easily take a class that is relevant to art education.
More Professional Development Opportunities
1. SaveOnEnergy.com® – Submit Your Lesson Plan for a Chance at $500! SaveOnEnergy.com is looking for the best lesson plans for teaching students about energy or sustainability. Lesson plans may vary in scope and topic but all lessons must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Encompass energy and/or sustainability knowledge
- Appropriate for a grade level from kindergarten through eighth grade
- Include goals and how you plan to measure students’ understanding
- Include a fully detailed description of the lesson plan, handouts, etc., including a list of all materials needed
- Use information found on SaveOnEnergy.com (including Kids Learning Center, blog posts, state pages, etc.)
- Created by one teacher without use of existing prepared educational materials outside of those available on SaveOnEnergy.com
- Encourage student development through participation opportunities.
- See more at: http://www.arteducators.org/grants/additional-grant-tips-scholarships#sthash.nQpRBACB.dpuf
2. Champion Creatively Alive Children (a grant opportunity from Crayola)
3. Iowa Area Education Agencies (AEA) (the most convenient sources for re-certification credits)
4. Iowa Learns (a central web-based catalog of Iowa distance learning resources)
Professional Organizations, Resourses, and Associations
Many of these organizations offer summer and weekend workshops. Each will inspire you to do your own art work. Check them out.
- Amana Arts Guild
- Central Iowa Art Association
- Colored Pencil Society of America
- Fiber Arts Guilds of Iowa
- Guild of American Papercutters
- International Association of Pastel Societies
- Iowa Art Museums, Non-profit Organizations, Galleries, and Art Centers
- Iowa Art Galleries
- Iowa Art Pottery Association
- Iowa Woodcarvers
- National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society
- National Watercolor Society
- Professional Development for Teachers
(Find Artedia on their resources link)
Listings and links shown on this page are provided to art teachers as a service. AEI claims no endorsement or support for courses offered or credit given. External links may change without notice. We attempt to list events chronologically and delete listings as the dates pass.